Saturday, January 24, 2009

2009 Goals

I'm all late. But that's me! I said I was going to post my goals for 2009! I'm sure no one cares but I need to post them so I am accountable!

1.Read the Bible- I found a chart that shows you how to read the Good Book in a year! I've already slipped up but I had to play catch up. I can't play around with the man upstairs!

2.Volunteer- When I lived in DC I always tutored kids in reading and math. I coached track and field Special Olympics! Since moving to NYC I haven't participated in any of this..*sigh* I have my interview next week for BigBro BigSis, I also want to find a program where I check on elderly people once a week!

3.Lose 10 lbs- this isn't really necessary but I just feel like I need to drop these 10. I've put on 10 in the last year. Most of it is muscle but I feel like it's a little too heavy for me! All my weight goes to my booty. My stomach is flat as hell! LOL! I guess I shouldn't complain. Some chicks would die for ass!

4.Tithe more- I do tithe but it's not as much as I should be giving.

5.Take a career development class. I am terrified to speak in front of people! I need Toastmasters...lol!

6.Decide if I'm going to apply to Business School. Lawd this is HUGE! If I do this I'm going to the full time program and will quit my job! In my head I know I can do this. I have no bills but basics. Gas, electric, phone. But I will have to dip into my savings and I don't want to!

7.Buy a flat screen- LOL! I know this shouldn't be a goal but I hate spending money on electronics! I'm buying one next week!

8.Run at least 3 5K's. Possibly one 10k.

9. Blog at a minimum of three times a week!

I think this is it. I will give midyear updates! I will update this blog about the inauguration(which I attended) and my sister drama!

9 comments:

Keith said...

Hey Shelly Shell, I think these are great goals...They are realistic and most important do able. I wouldn't quit a job though if I were you..Not right now. It' always nice to have constant cashflow..but if you GOT it like that,then go for it..I aint mad at ya sis..do your thing!-lololol.

Not so Anonymous said...

Great goals...girl, I know about 10 ppl who wished they were still in grad school to ride out this wave of layoffs and other workforce woes. I worked full time while attending grad school full time, so it's doable, but you have to do what's best for you.

10 pounds? 10 pounds? I'm super duper jealous. I have enough ass, but I could definitely benefit from a flatter belly..lol.

I love the 5k goals, this is one of my goals as well.

Good Luck!

Kofi Bofah said...

The prices on these flat screens have come down a lot.

The F_Uitlist said...

These are great goals! I am with you on the 10lbs, I am stepping up my workout, twice a day.

Good luck with Business school, it you quit you can always look into consultant work or a part time gig that will pay the basics.

kayellejaye said...

I thought about doing Toastmasters here at work. It just seems so corny with all that clapping and emotional support. LOL.

Where'd u find that bible chart. I need to stay good with God. ;o)

ShellyShell said...

@Keith
If I apply to bschool it will be through the consortium. If I get in I will get a FREE fellowship but it only applies to full time mba programs! This is why I made sure that I have no bills! Car is paid off,cc's paid in full! And I never had student loans(thanks mom and dad)

@Aretha
Why I haven't completely x'd out going to a pt program....I just didn't want to....lol! But I may who knows! I can't see not buying stilettos!

@Kofi
The prices have been pretty good the past year or so on the flat screens. I just hate buying electronics! I feel like they should be a gift...lol!

@Fit
You're right consulting is always an option!

@Kayellejaye
Yeah Toastmaster's does seem a little corny but I have to do something. Maybe I 'll just pay for a class then I really would have to be focused since I spent loot on it! LOL!

I purchased "The New Women of Color Study Bible: For Strength and Inspiration" from Amazon. They have it in the back of the Bible. It's been pretty easy like the first reading on Jan.1 was Genesis 1-4. There's another one that breaks it down in 90 days but I said I wanted the full understanding plus I didn't want to commit to read that much!

Eve said...

Where did you find The Bible in a Year chart. I need that!!!

ShellyShell said...

@YBP
I purchased "The New Women of Color Study Bible: For Strength and Inspiration" from Amazon. They have it in the back of the Bible. It's been pretty easy like the first reading on Jan.1 was Genesis 1-4. There's another one that breaks it down in 90 days but I said I wanted the full understanding plus I didn't want to commit to read that much!

p_nami said...

I like your goals. I tried a variation of number 9 and decided it wasn't for me! LOL