Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So, this is how the dating scene is now?

My month of dating has been HORRIFIC I mean dayum what is wrong with these dudes. So, I met two seemingly nice men. Professional, handsome seem like they might be cool. Dude 1, let's call him Light Skin. He seemed cool. We met, he called we exchanged a few emails then he asked me out for dinner and drinks. Good conversation, handsome, fun, witty. Then after that I constantly got hit with the text messages. "What's up?", "You watching the game?" Ummm dude are you not 35 why are you CONSTANTLY texting me? His reply was well I don't like to talk on the phone a lot. I'm better in person. Ok. Yeah but how are you going to see me in person again if all you do is text. He said I was going to text you to go out with me again! *DEAD* Oh word. Don't waste your time because my answer would be NO! I'm a grown azz woman and when I really don't know you. Texting is NOT a good form of communication! WTF? So, we had this convo and he waits a week and decides to text me again like it's ok. That's when I lost it! AFTER I had to tell him about himself via text. He decides to call me and say do you want to come out for drinks and stay at my house? Arrruuuuuuuuuu? WHAT?? It's 10:30 the night of the NFC Championship game and you think it's ok to ask me to come out for drinks AND stay at your house when I've only had ONE date with you. After I cussed his azz out with everything I had. He said I was just saying that since you'd be in the city! Mothereffer what? BYE and don't EVER call me again!
Dude 2, let's call him PA(he's an Physician's Assistant). The night I met him we had good conversation he seemed cool although a tad bit sheltered to be 38 but I still decided to give him a chance. The next evening this dude TEXT me and said "Thinking about you." Uhh word? That's nice and all but you spoke to me for 20 min and now you send me a text saying thinking about you! WEIRDO! So, I never responded to that text because I was in the middle of Walmart and then I just forgot about it. So, fast forward to Thursday this fool sends me a text "Good Morning" I text back and say the same thing. Later that evening he sends YET ANOTHER text that says" I tried to reach out to you several days ago. Hopefully I'll see you soon." What?? He sent me a text that morning. So, I kindly text him back and say that he text me that morning and I responded and this fool tried to get smart and say "Sorry hon, this is Darryl I haven't heard from you. I was like "shall I forward you YOUR text?" Then he says "Oh yes, sorry." Of course I text him back and asked him if he found it appropriate to text a woman he's never had a conversation with. And if his first line of communication is always text and how I found that to be young and not becoming of a grown azz man. He said some other dumb shyt and that's when I said dude lose my number.

I know we're in 2010 but c'mon. Do men really think it's okay to have the first line of communication via text? My 20 year old nephew who has grown up in the digital era even calls girls after he meets them. What's wrong with expecting 30+ year old men to do the same! The Teacher is looking better and better to me! Dang!

12 comments:

Me said...

Yep, that is how the dating scene is now. LOL Sad, ain't it? I like how up front you are with these guys, though. That will serve you well.

12kyle said...

LMAO!!! This is hilarious!

Um...Shell you need to holla at the Teacher. These dudes are some bustas!!!

ShellyShell said...

@Arnetta This shyt is for the birds! I have to be up front because it's just unacceptable. I'm not that hard up to have a date to compromise who I am!

@Kyle BOY! This shyt is NOT funny! I'm like you guys can't be for real! You're really on that bullshyt! Yes yes The Teacher is looking better and better. We're not dating again but we talk everyday about umpteen times...lol! We have a brunch date this weekend!

me said...

That's weird. I find some guys to be heavy into the texting, but most I encounter like voice communication. Good look out there, I'm on a dating break, lol.

Aretha

Mizrepresent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mizrepresent said...

Gurl, you are so right, the dating scene sucks big time...i mean, i really can't stand it, but what's a grown azz woman to do? Like "me" said, i too am on a dating breaking hiatus until further notice or until some real men step to the plate.

Keith said...

I was getting ready to say..These guys are making the "teacher" look better and better, but you beat me to it!-lol

chele said...

Laziness. That's all it is. Laziness. I don't like talking on the phone either but I definitely prefer it to texting.

E.M.H. said...

Some people just don't know how to communicate anymore!!! It's rather sad!!! But clearly other women have let them believe this was acceptable, which is why they continue to act that way :-/

Tiffany S. Jones said...

Did you people think I was trippin' when I said dating sucks? I meant that when I said it and I mean it now.
Dating sucks, if you've got a good dude who you can rock with, stick with the fool you know as opposed to dealing with the fool you don't know. It's easier.

**Clearly I'm having some issues right now.**

suga said...

I just dealt with a similar situation. I actually enjoy texting, but only if we have had a few lengthy phone calls. Dont text the first time we communicate, and definitely dont text to ask me out. These guys suck.

ShellyShell said...

I think I'm going to go on a dating break. I just can't deal with these clowns. *sigh*