Monday, June 2, 2008

I Reminisce....

What's up to my two readers??? So, my weekend was pretty uneventful. Friday I went to happy hour and got home at midnight! That's not bad for me! But some how I managed to spend $100 WTF? That shyt isn't happy! Saturday I went to my fake book club meeting and drank about 10 Mojitos which I made! Plus I made Jerk chicken....I must say I put my foot in that beyatch. I marinated and rubbed my chicken on Thursday evening and grilled it on Saturday! DAYUM it was good and hot! Sunday I had every intention of going to church then I was interrupted by my sister's best friend who wanted to talk my ear off! So, I missed 10am service and I don't believe in going to 12, but I logged on and caught the sermon in the middle so I did "Bedside Baptist." Then I went to the Dominicans and got a wash and set for $13....gotta love that! That's one of the reasons I like living in Brooklyn! After that I took my azz home and cleaned and watched a marathon of Platinum Weddings...these people had a budget of 1.3million! For a motherf*ckin wedding are you kidding me! The bride rocked $200k in jewels, all of her gowns were custom made their total was like $65k. The shyt was unreal!

Anyway, I've been in a Biggie mood lately. I mean have to listen to him everyday! It may be that I was given these two FIYA mix cd's that are straight BIGGIE! I've had mixes of him before but these two are the truth! My favorite Big song is Who shot ya When I first heard this song I rememeber exactly where I was. I was walking across campus and I heard this beat and I stopped dead in my tracks. I was like "where is that coming from, that beat is bananas!" I ran like a jack ass toward the music and found the source...someone's room. So, I go into the dorms and find the room the music is coming from and proceed to knock on the door! This dude answered the door and I said "I don't know you but that beat is bananas" by this time I realized it was Biggie. The dude invited me in and we just sat there listening to the song. It ended and we listened again. Then he proceeded to laugh his azz off at me that I banged on the door but he dug the fact that I was determined to hunt down the source. He said most females weren't really feeling who shot ya...Haha little did he know that I used to like Gangsta B*tch by Apache...lol! That was the moment I knew I loved Big although I always knew I loved Hip Hop!

By the way: Me and dude are still cool to this day!

8 comments:

12kyle said...

Fizzzirst!

I'd be lying if i said that I haven't dropped a hunnid like that. At the end of the day...you're like "whut happpend?" You crack me up with the fake book meeting.

I feel you. If I miss the 9:30 service, I won't go. I don't dare try to mess with that noon service. At my church, you might be there until 5 pm. LOL

Gotta agree with you on Biggie. That dude did it for me. I listened to the double cd the other day and I heard things that I've never heard before. He was maaaad talented. It's a damn shame that he's not here anymore.

good post.

LadyWritesTheBlues said...

We need some damned Dominican shops in Memphis!!

$13???!!!!???!!!!

A sista has hair issues and it's rough to pay $60 each time damnit!

ShellyShell said...

@12Kyle
This weekend we tried to say we were going to start reading books. That got vetoed real quick..lol! My church only keeps you for about 60 min but that 12 service is boring as hell!

@ladywritestheblues
Thanks for stopping by!
$13 for a wash and set, $16 for deep conditioner. I still go to my regular stylist for my color and he rapes me for $185...grrrrrr!!

12kyle said...

@ Shellyshell
Our service aint boring but they will keep you if there's no service behind you. I can't be in church at 12 b/c I don't wanna miss the game. LOL

Eb the Celeb said...

Doesnt sound like your weekend was uneventful to me... whenever mojitoes are involved... its always a good time...


2pac for life! Kyle is a huge biggie fan so I had to throw that in there!

ShellyShell said...

@Eb the Celeb
Thanks for stopping by! I love Mojitos! I just don't know when to stop drinking them...lol!

I like Pac but Big is my man!!

The F_Uitlist said...

HOW THE HECK DID I MISS THIS! I was in BIG Mode all last week. When I am stressed nothing does me better than hearing "gimme the loot".

And Gangsta Bitch is still the best!

I miss my fake book club we would get into lengthy debates about one little word in the book and then eat and drink. Good times!

Mizrepresent said...

Gurl, i swear, we need to hang out real soon! Mojitos, 10 +, okay, i am so there, and lol@ y'all voted to not read, WTF is the bookclub about, lmao!