Saturday, June 28, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

Today is my birthday! First I'd like to start off saying that I am blessed to be able to celebrate another year of life. I'm blessed that I have loving friends and family. Since I was a little girl I've always thought of my birthday to be a national holiday....lol! Maybe it's because when I was younger right around my birthday started summer vacation!! We go finish school late in NYS!! There were days were the last day of school was my birthday and we would only have to go to school for 5 minutes to pick up my report card. All through elementary school I would go to breakfast with my daddy and then go get a new bike! (Did I really need a new bike every year?) Then my friends would come over for my party. I was always the kid who had like 50 kids at my party. Later on the boys would go home and my closest 20 girlfriends would stay over...lol! That's so funny to me now because I don't even have 20 friends anymore! I have a lot of associates but only a hand full of friends.

As I've grown older I had to come to the realization that the friends I thought were my friends weren't! In the last two years I've had to cut some friends off because they didn't have my best interest at heart. I just can't tolerate that! I give them NO BULLSHIT and I expect none. It hurt my feelings to have to do that but I could see that it wasn't a good fit! I didn't need 20 friends anymore. I met my best friend in pre-school. Her birthday was Thursday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, S! We've been through a lot together. Breakups,marriage, her two kids etc.. She always tells me she lives vicariously through me...lol! I've never felt the need to have to cut her ass off! She ALWAYS has my best interest at heart and isn't afraid to tell me I'm wrong or that I'm overreacting(I tend to do that sometime). I've always thought that the older you get the harder it is to meet friends. I generally find that to be true. I've been living in NY just shy of 3 years and I must say that I've met the best group of women. They are real,they tell you when you're wrong,they are genuinely happy for your success and will do anything for you. I'm blessed to have met them they have definitely made my stay in NY great. I'm just a lucky person to have met a great group of friends like this. I'm also lucky to have my new blog buddies! Anyway today should be a great day. I'm off to go pick up some last minute stuff and to get my hair and makeup did...lol! Kyle here's your picture!!

To my best male friend, Chad. I've know this dude since I was in kindergarten! I know you wish you could be here but circumstances didn't allow for it. Keep holding down the "D" and I will see your rotten ass in August!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The F_Uitlist said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN! I fell you on cutting friends off (I've done it recently). You just have to surround yourself with positive people who wish you well. There are too many negative things to face on a daily to have to deal with it in your circle.


SO SORRY I was not able to make the Jam! I was at Prospect Park until 11, and then I had the Whitney hair AGAIN (nuff said)!

ShellyShell said...

@F$%k it list
girl you shoulld have come through.I'm just getting home. It was fiyah!!!

12kyle said...

@ ShellyShell
Hope you enjoyed ya burfday. Sounds like you did.

Very cute picture! You look older than 18 (wink, wink). LOL

Maybe I'm strange but I probably have about 20 best friends. No lie. They are all either my peeps from childhood or college.

The F_Uitlist said...

OOOHHHHH DAMN! You said it was shutting down at 2. Ok for real we are going to have to get up to bring the NY bloggers in one place.

12kyle said...

you've been tagged...see my blog for the details

Rich Fitzgerald said...

happy b-day and you take an excellent photo.

ShellyShell said...

@the f$%k it list
We hired the dj till 3 but folks acted like they didn't want to leave so we asked him to keep going! Don't worry we had such a good turn out that we're going to throw an end of summer jam!

@Kyle
that's for the tag

@rich
Thanks for the bday wishes! I actually like that pic of myself....lol!